Friday, October 3, 2008

It's that time of the year again for the ALS walk

Dear Family and Friends,

Dust off your walking shoes! I am writing today to invite you to support a very important and exciting event, The ALS Association, North Texas Chapter Walk to Defeat ALS®.Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease, is a fatal neuromuscular disease that can strike anyone without warning. Every 90 minutes someone in this country will be diagnosed with ALS and every 90 minutes someone will lose their battle against this devastating disease.The Walk to Defeat ALS® is The ALS Association's national signature event. Each year, nearly 100,000 patients, men, women, children and corporations join together to raise funds in support of internationally driven cutting-edge ALS research and community-based patient services programs. Now in its ninth year, approximately 150 Walks will be held around the country in 2008.As a participant of the Fort Worth Walk, I am asking for your support by making a gift to The ALS Association or by joining me as a participant on Walk Day.

This year, I will Walk in honor of Betty Ann Bass (my grandmother)who was courageous in her battle with ALS. During her struggle with the debilitating effects of ALS, Grandma forever inspires us with her bravery and determination. This inspiration encouraged me to join the fight against ALS. I hope you will join me as we work to help everyone living with this disease.Supporting and joining the Walk to Defeat ALS® is very easy!

Simply click on the link below to visit my personal fundraising page and donate directly online or join me as a Walk participant.You may also choose to send your contribution in the form of a check.Please make all checks payable to The ALS Association and send them to me at the following address:PM me for the address pleaseThank you again for supporting me in the fight against ALS. I appreciate your generosity and participation and will continue to update you with my progress as Walk Day nears.

Sincerely,
Amber Simmons

Click here to visit my personal page.If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:

http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/NorthTexasWalk?px=1907996&pg=personal&fr_id=3930&et=X38EsX_lx2cZd0QeCLHnxQ..&s_tafId=51680

Click here to view the team page for Amber's Avid WalkersIf the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:

http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/NorthTexasWalk?team_id=81570&pg=team&fr_id=3930&et=jFcuK4uzxdBlpxkQ4RnrGA..&s_tafId=51680The

Walk is in Ft Worth on Oct 18th at 8:30am at Billy Bobs if anyone wants to join me. I do this walk in memory of my grandmother every year.

No comments: