Friday, November 7, 2008

sad times

Today, I experienced something that I never want to go through or see again. I watched a friend of 20 years, bury her child. Her precious angel that didn't even get to experience our world for a full 24 hours. A beautiful newborn baby. It was the hardest thing I have ever seen or done in my life. Ever. I can't even imagine the heartbreak and sorrow that the Pannell family is going through. The sorrow and sadness and anger that is to come. I just know from my personal feelings that I am angered with the fact that a precious baby could be taken from our world without even getting a chance to see anything outside of the hospital. She was a beautiful, beautiful little girl. So doll-like looking today. She was precious. My heart and my prayers go out to this family.

What I did learn from this experience today, is that my network of friends is absolutely amazing. These are people I have known anywhere from 10 to 20 years. These are people that without fail, will re-unite for weddings and funerals. These are people that have my back no matter what. These are people that I can rely on. These are a group of people that will do anything for "our group". Even after years of growing up and changing and moving on with life, they are still some of my best friends to the end. I don't see these people near enough. So to Patty, Katie, Kevin, Sherry, Brandon, Tiana, April, Tina, and Jeremy (forgive me if I left anyone off)......I love you guys...unconditionally.....and until the end.

Ok.....I am going to cry some more and go to sleep.

The Pannell/Lozano family is in my prayers. I love you Patty. God Bless.

RIP Marisa Payton Pannell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were right, this made me cry. I can't even imagine what the family must be going through. I will keep them in my prayers. Isn't it wonderful to have friends who you may not see everyday but you know are there when you need them the most?