Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day before Thanksgiving.

The holidays will be hard this year. At the beginning of this year, I would have never guessed that this year would end without my Grandpa. So today I would like to give my thanks for him.

I am thankful that I was able to spend 31 years with Grandpa.
I am thankful that he moved back to TX in May.
I am thankful that he and I were able to form a bond again.
I am thankful for the time we spent together while he was in chemo.
I am thankful that I was one of his rocks during that time.
I am thankful that I got to spend time with him at home just days before his stroke.
I am thankful that I saw God in his life with a singing of "Amazing Grace".
I am thankful that I was present to see him passing into God's arms.

I am thankful for my Grandpa.

I miss you everyday Grandpa. RIP.

No comments: