Monday, December 24, 2012

2012

Since we are coming upon the end of the year, I thought I would write about what 2012 has brought us.

2012 was our first year of marriage. The marriage aspect has been great. I couldn't have asked for a better man to be at my side; to love, respect, honor, and help me. While I knew something was wrong with my health in 2011, we had no clue what we were up against this year.

• This year has brought…..unexpected roommates for us (twice).
• This year has brought…..Crohn’s disease for me.
• This year has brought…..many ER trips, many CT scans, ultrasounds, colonoscopies, chest x-rays, blood work, medications etc
• Many bad side effects to medications, failed medications, experimental medications
• This year has brought…..3 sinus surgeries at one time for me
• This year has brought…..many lost friendships, many new friendships, many ups/downs.
• This year has brought….Ben and me closer together than I ever though imaginable. I simply cannot imagine my life without that man by my side.

While I wish to not be sick, I know that this chronic disease is not curable and I must make the best of it.

While I know there will always be ups and downs, I don’t want to ever relieve what myself and my family has been put through over the last year.

I want to put the past year behind us and move forward. I am excited to see what 2013 will bring us.

So here’s to an exciting new year!!!!!

1 comment:

KatXoXo said...

So sorry to hear you have had such a hard 2012 dear!! I hope you come to terms with your illness and figure out a way to live comfortabley with it!! good luck sweetie :)