Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembrance and celebration....sounds sad to say that.

I have spent some time today reflecting on the events of 9/11/01. Such a sad time in our history. Today I am praying for those that lost their lives that sad day, for the families and friends of those people, for our nation as a whole, and for our men and women of military. God Bless the USA!

“This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down to enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day. Yet, we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.” George W. Bush September 11, 2001
(I stole this quote from The Brendel's family blog http://mattandkatiebrendel.blogspot.com/)



Today I pick up the keys and sign the lease for my new apartment. For those that have been around for more than a couple of years, you realize what a great accomplishment this is for me. I absolutely can NOT wait!!!!

Speaking of moving into my new apartment, I will be moving during the raining and flooding that we will be getting for Hurricane Ike. The weather forecast is showing rain all weekend.....what fun my move will be. lol

With this hurricane hitting the Texas Coast, I am praying for my friends and family in the hurricane's path. Please please please evacuate if necessary for your safety.

That is all I have for today. I am off work tomorrow, so that I can have my cable and internet set up at the new place.

So until next time, everyone have safe evacuations, stay dry, stay safe, and pray!

Happy Birthday to Sarah Griffin and Brad Anderson!!!!!