Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The holidays....

As the holidays come up, its always a hard time for my family. We have lost so many family members around Christmas time. This year on December 24, it will be 11 years since my grandmother passed. I still have so many wonderful and vivid memories of her. Christmas Eve is always really a hard day for me. A lot of sadness. I miss her greatly and I still think about her all the time. I can still hear her voice somedays. I still picture her sitting in her rocking chair and reading her books. I love you grandma and miss you so much.

This year, however, I am trying to make the holidays a more cheerful time. I am trying to keep myself positive and in the festive mood. Somedays it works, somedays it doesn't. I will try though.

Last weekend, Steve and I attended a Christmas party with the Pannell family.

This Thursday, is Declin's very first Christmas program. I can't wait to see that handsome little boy, that stole my heart 15 months ago, in his little suit. (pictures will be posted for sure)

This Friday, we are attending a Christmas party at the Hiler (Rachel and Cody) home.

Saturday is the Pat Green/Dancehall Party at Billy Bob's. I can't wait to see Pat Green and all of my out of town friends that are coming in for this!!!!

Sunday, is a Christmas gathering at Kate's apartment. Sunday is also the day that Jeff and MaryAnn come into town for the holidays!!!

So much going on in the next few weeks......and honestly, I can't wait to have a nice quiet relaxing weekend at home, on the couch, doing nothing....with Steve.

Merry Christmas, if I don't post again before then!!!

No comments: