Friday, October 8, 2010

help! what am I missing here?

Back when my Grandpa was in ICU last summer, he was restrained and fighting the nurses, drs, us, anyone that he saw. It was almost impossible to do any testing on him without totally drugging him or someone physically laying on top of him. They were doing a test to see if he had any active brain waves and it was just me, him, and the tech there. I was practically laying on him with his restraints on and he was still throwing me around. Out of nowhere, the tech just started singing “Amazing Grace” and Grandpa stopped fighting, laid there, and tears started pouring out of his eyes.
It was an extremely powerful/sad moment for me. I truly believe at that point is when he let go and went Home mentally.
So, fast forward a year, we are at church on the day anniversary of his death (me, Ben, mom, David)……and this song comes on. I busted out crying. Every since then, I have heard this song no less than once a week. This week, they had us sing it in Bible Study.
I think God is trying to tell me something, but I can’t figure it out. Help!!!

No comments: