Saturday, January 21, 2012

THE APPOINTMENT-midwife/birthing center

Yesterday, Ben and I had our pre-conception appointment with the midwife at the birthing center. All of this is a bit overwhelming, but we are ready for it. We talked about our family medical histories and what steps/tests we should take, etc. We learned a lot. It was a lot to take in.

Some of the suggestions that the midwife suggested to me, to prepare my body for pregnancy are:

`quit smoking. (well obviously)
`eat more protein and fiber, and less carbs.
`walk 1 hour per day.
`take the pre-natal vitamins as directed.
`take the vitamin D supplements as directed.
`drink 3 liters of water per day (this is going to be a huge one for me, as I like my Dr Pepper)
`sleep well (anyone who knows me, knows I don't sleep)
`research/read about some of the genetic testing that has been recommended due to our family medical histories.
`last but not least, get to baby making.

So obviously, I have a few major changes ahead of me. Mentally, I am trying to process all of this and make it work for me physically.

I could use some support and any helpful information, recipes, etc. from our family and friends.

We could both also use the prayers right now. For guidance, patience, strength, and love.

No comments: