Thursday, April 24, 2014

HEALTH UPDATES!!!

It's been a while since I have updated this thing.

What's been happening in my world of health?

Well, I had surgery for my Crohn's in August. This past Friday I had my first endoscopy ever and my first colonoscopy since surgery. Fun times, right? At least it's a good nap. lol

After 8 months, I learned that my Crohn's is back and in flare. This time, its attacking my surgery site. More fun. I have a follow up appointment next month and we will decide the plan of action for immuno suppressants.

I learned from the endoscopy that I have chronic gastritis, inflammation of the stomach. So add 2 more meds to the mix.

In other news, I have Grave's disease as well. Man, my body is having a party and its a dirty one. lol

Grave's disease is an auto immune hyper thyroid disease. So, I am currently on anti thyroid meds and beta blockers to keep the heart under control. I have had some very scary times with this thyroid issue. Including a few forced days off work per my doctor's orders.

My thyroid is swollen on the outside of my neck and on the inside. Having trouble swallowing pills and food.

The endocrinologist is having a hard time regulating the thyroid and there has been talk of removal. Not so much fun, but right now, I just want to feel better.

So there you have it. I've had a lot of people ask for a health update lately and this seemed like the best way to post it. Other than this, we have been spending a lot of time with family lately. It's nice living closer to the family.

If you could keep me/us in your prayers for health answers, that would be great! thanks!

No comments: