Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life is too short

I went to Casey Chrystie’s Celebration of Life on Saturday. It was an eye opening experience for me…..really Casey’s whole trial with Cancer and his death have been a wake up call to me. Cancer took someone at age 24 that had totally given his life over to God. Totally. Did he achieve what he was put on this earth for in that short amount of time?

This got me thinking about my life and where I stand and my Faith in God. Do I have Faith? Have I given myself to God as I should? No, I haven’t. Do I plan on it? Absolutely.

To see the Chrystie family and their Faith at that Celebration of Life was amazing. They are mourning, yet they are celebrating the life that Casey had on this earth and now the life that Casey has with our God in Heaven. Just breath taking. I read the journal on Casey’s Caring Bridge website everyday as Gaylene and Bruce update it. Their Faith and verses and quotes sometimes are what inspires me to get through my day some days.

www.caringbridge.org and the journal is under caseychrystie.

It really is amazing. I forward the journal entries to several of my friends daily so that they can see that there is light at the end of the tunnel. While some days, I cry reading the journal, I know that my Faith isn’t that strong, but I want it to be.

That leads me to what I wanted to say. Life is way too short to dwell on things, on the past, on the negativity, on drama. I am going to move forward and smile. I am going to pray. I cherish the relationships I have in my life with both my family and my friends. I am going to take more chances. I am going to move past the things and people that I know are causing harm or hurt in my life and bring on the positive ones. I am going to find my Faith in God.

With that…..Hope that everyone has a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

Blam-o said...

Caring Bridge is what Angie has to give updates during her battle with cancer. It's not so much her updates that get to me as it is the bible verses and comments left by friends and family in the guestbook. I'm sorry you've lost someone close to you. If good can come out of tragedy with your renewal of faith that's great!

Renea said...

That is an awesome post and reminds us all just how short life is and we shouldnt take anything for granted. We should get right with God and live life to the fullest. I am so sorry to hear about your friends and hope that in some way you can have comfort knowing where he is know. :) I love you girlie!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber, you always know how to get to me. This blog post was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes! I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend. I know that it was a battle for him, his family, and all his friends. You mentioned a his turning his live over to the Lord and wondering if he fullfilled what he was supposed to while he was here... I think the answer lies with what people took away with them from the celebration of life. He has already touched so many people and look at you with your eyes wide open, making changes! I miss you and love you to pieces!