Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Afraid


(photo above from Real Simple http://www.realsimple.com/ )

When you think about being afraid, it is feeling that you normally don't want to feel. I mean, who really wants to be scared or afraid? It's not a feel good type of feeling for us.

I am slowly learning that it is OK to be afraid. It means that I am feeling the complete emotions of a situation.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to talk about what I am afraid of and why. Would you care to do the same in the comments section?

Things I am afraid/scared of:

health. I am constantly living with the fear that my health is going to take a turn for the worse again (or still). This is something that could happen very easily and this is scary to me. I don't dream of being in the hospital for days, weeks on end. The thought of central lines, IVs, fluids, blood draws, transfusions...honestly scares me beyond belief.

being a wife. I am always afraid that I am not going to be the Godly, amazing wife that God meant for me to be. I want to be a wife that is ALWAYS there for my husband. One that prays with him. One that makes him laugh. One that makes him happy. One that fulfills all of his needs.

being a good employee. Do we always put our best foot forward at work? We all have good and bad days at work. I am afraid that the bad will sometimes over take the good. It is my job to make sure this doesn't happen. I think that I do a good job at this most days.

relationships with others. I am always afraid that I am that friend that I fear. The one that takes but doesn't give. I always do try to be available and give 100% in my relationship with others. But, let's be honest, this is hard. I am afraid of hurting someone unintentionally. This would honestly break my heart.

goals. I am afraid that I will not achieve the goals I have always wanted for my future. I am getting older and college seems so far out and an unrealistic dream. I am afraid that I will never work in the healthcare industry as I have always wanted to do, to help others.

future. I am afraid for what the future holds. Not just health wise, but with everything. The who, what, when, where of it all.

God. I am afraid that I am not living up to what I should be as a Godly woman. I want to find that Church to attend and a Church family to live life with.


I believe that it is OK to have fear, be afraid, be scared...as long as it is not overwhelming us. We cannot let these fears overwhelm us, or they win. We have to do what we need to do and fight for it.

So tell me, what are you afraid of?

No comments: